Table of Contents
NOTE: THIS POST IS PART OF A SERIES OF TEMPORARY OFFERS BY CREDIT CARD COMPANIES:
Dining Credits – Up to $220:
Eligible Consumer Delta SkyMiles® Cards have the following dining credits at U.S. restaurants, to include dining in and / or take out, through the end of the year, 12/31/2021:
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold AmEx card – Up to $110 ($10 max per month)
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum AmEx card – Up to $165 ($15 max per month)
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve AmEx card – Up to $220 ($20 max per month)
Wireless Credits – Up to $220:
Eligible Business Delta SkyMiles® Card has the following wireless credit at U.S. Wireless Telephone Services through the end of the year, 12/31/2021:
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business AmEx card – Up to $110 ($10 max per month)
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business AmEx card – Up to $165 ($15 max per month)
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business AmEx card – Up to $220 ($20 max per month)
Spend Bonus #1 – 5x on Delta Purchases:
Eligible Delta SkyMiles® cards earn a total of 5x Delta SkyMiles® on eligible Delta purchases from now until 12/31/2021. This is an AmEx Offer, therefore if you have more than one Delta SkyMiles® card, I believe that you must choose to which card to apply this offer. Look for this offer on the following cards:
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold AmEx card
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum AmEx card
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve AmEx card
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business AmEx card
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business AmEx card
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business AmEx card
Spend Bonus #2 – 25% more MQMs:
Eligible Delta SkyMiles® cards will earn an additional 25% Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) during their respective MQM spend threshold from 2/1/2021 until 12/31/2021. The good news is:
- That this is available to both NEW and EXISTING card holders
- No enrollment is required
- For Delta SkyMiles® Platinum AmEx and Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business AmEx card holders:
- 12,500 MQMs with $25,000 spend
- 12,500 more (25,000 total) MQMs with $50,000 spend
- For Delta SkyMiles® Reserve AmEx and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business AmEx card holders:
- 18,750 MQMs w/$30,000 spend
- 18,750 more (37,500 total) MQMs w/$60,000 spend
- 18,750 more (56,250 total) MQMs w/$90,000 spend
- 18,750 more (75,000 total) MQMs w/$120,000 spend
The Key Details:
- With the exception of Spend Bonus #2, these offers are only available to those that currently have and had an active card as of January 1, 2021
- Purchase must post by 12/31/2021, depending on the offer
- With the exception of Spend Bonus #2, the above are provided as AmEx Offers, so you must enroll the offer on your card before using the credits or working towards the spend bonus.
A Note about AmEx Offers
- Find your offers at: https://global.americanexpress.com/offers/eligible
- Must first add offer to your Card, and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels, so make sure that you add the offer to the best possible card for you
- To add the offer
- Log in to your American Express account
- Go to your specific card to which you want to add the offer
- Scroll down to the offers section
- Click on “Add to Card”
My Two Cents:
These are some great offers by American Express. They obviously want to keep you as a customer, and put spend on their cards. Here is how I look at these credits:
- $110 on the $99 Delta SkyMiles® Gold cards
- $165 on the $250 Delta SkyMiles® Platinum cards, on which I already received an automatic $75 retention credit … so a net $10 for me to keep the card and get another companion pass.
- $220 on the $550 Delta SkyMiles® Reserve cards
I personally find the Wireless credit easy to use – I would just go into your cell phone plan and do a partial payment for the $15 every month and your done! A very easy $165. To the best of my knowledge this works on all the major U.S. Wireless carriers, though I’ve seen conflicting reports about Google Fi.
As far as the Dining, this is a little more of pain, but doable. Some suggestions are:
- Add the cards to Apple or Google Wallet and use when using a delivery / pickup app
- Load your Starbucks, Chick-fil-A, etc. account(s)
- Stick the card in your wallet and you the next time you dine out or pickup or order delivery.
As for the Spend Bonuses, it is a nice extra for Delta purchases, but where it really helps is if you are spending your way to earning elite status with the MQMs. But you need to determine for yourself if this is the time for you to go after Delta elite status. For me, this is not the year that I’m going to try … just not doing enough Delta traveling to justify the spend.
So, tell me, what do you think of these offers for the American Express Delta SkyMiles® cards?
The Deal expires on Saturday January 1st, 2022 (i.e., make sure you make the purchase before Saturday January 1st, 2022)